Bank Holiday Office Closure


Please note our offices will be closed for the Bank Holiday on Monday 25 May and Tuesday 26th May 2015.

Universal Credit Checklist for Single Claimants


Citizens Advice

You can only claim Universal Credit if you:

  • are single (for the initial claim)
  • are aged between 18 and 60 years and 6 months
  • are a British Citizen
  • have lived in the UK for the last 2 years and have not been out of the UK for more than 4 continuous weeks in the last 2 years
  • have a National Insurance Number
  • do not have dependent children living with you all or some of the time
  • are not required to pay Child Support through the Child Support Agency
  • do not receive Disability Living Allowance or Personal Independence Payment
  • are fit for work
  • are not pregnant
  • have not given birth within the last 15 weeks
  • are not a carer of adult or child with a health condition or disability
  • do not have anyone acting for you when dealing with your benefit claims
  • are not homeless or living in supported accommodation
  • do not own your own home
  • have a bank, building society, post office or credit union account
  • do not have more than £6,000 in savings, shares or other capital
  • do not receive more than £330 (£338 from 1st April) a month take-home pay
  • are not in education or training or do not expect to start within the next month
  • are not receiving Jobseeker’s Allowance, Employment and Support Allowance, Incapacity Benefit, Severe Disablement Allowance
  • are not challenging or appealing a decision to pay you Jobseeker’s Allowance, Employment and Support Allowance, Incapacity Benefit, Severe Disablement Allowance, Working Tax Credit, Child Tax Credit or Housing Benefit
  • are not waiting for a decision on a claim for Employment and Support Allowance, Jobseeker’s Allowance, Income Support, Working Tax Credit, Child Tax Credit or Housing Benefit

Before claiming Universal Credit you need to have the following information:

  • Your postcode;
  • Your National Insurance Number;
  • Your mobile phone and landline phone numbers;
  • Details of the bank, building society or post office account that you want the Universal Credit paying into.  You will need the
    • name of the bank or building society,
    • the name on the account
    • the sort code and account number
  • Your rental agreement; or details of the name and address of your landlord and the amount of rent you pay, including details of any charges for gas/electricity/water rates/Council Tax/service charges.
  • Details of any savings or other capital that you have.  This includes stocks, shares and property that you own that you do not live in.
  • Details of any benefits or pensions that you are receiving.  You will need the name of the benefit/pension and the amount you receive each week.
  • Details of any other income that you have which is not from work.
  • If you are working part-time - details of the amounts that you earn or expect to earn in the next month.  If your income is more than £330 a month you will not be entitled to UC.
  • Details of the anyone else who lives with you who is not dependant on you:
    • name, age and date of birth of each non-dependant
    • if they receive Disability Living Allowance Care Component at the middle or high rate or Personal Independence Payment daily living component or Attendance Allowance
    • if they receive constant Attendance Allowance or War Disablement Benefit
    • if they receive Carer’s Allowance
    • if they have a child under 5

DWP- Changes to 0845 numbers for Primary Benefits


As part of a decision to reduce the cost of accessing public services, from 15 April 2015, the 0845 enquiry line numbers for primary benefit will be stopped over a period of time and details are below of the old number and the new number you need to call for each benefit.

Calls to 0345 numbers cost no more than a standard geographic call, and count towards any free or inclusive minutes in landline or mobile phone contracts.

Primary benefit will be first of the enquiry lines in a programme, to trial and test the technicalities of this change, with a roll out to the remaining enquiry lines from 5 May 2015.

There is also a programme of work on-going to change call scripts and all forms and letters. Interactive Voice Recording (IVR) messages will be available to advise customers to call 0345 and that they will not have been charged for the call.

Service Line

Old Number

New Number

Primary Benefit

0845 608 8545

0345 608 8545

Jobcentre Enquiry Line

0845 604 3719

0345 604 3719

Personal Independence Payment help line

0845 850 3322

0345 850 3322

State Pension & Pension Credit enquiries

0845 606 0265

0345 606 0265

DLA Helpline

0845 712 3456

0345 712 3456

Social Fund Enquiries

0845 603 6967

0345 603 6967

Carers Allowance

0845 608 4321

0345 608 4321

National Insurance Number allocation line

0845 600 0643

0345 600 0643

State Pension forecasting

0845 300 0168

0345 300 0168

International Pensions Centre

0845 601 0008

0345 601 0008

DM Recovery Service Line

0845 850 0293

0345 850 0293

Attendance Allowance Helpline

0845 605 6055

0345 605 6055

Jobseeker Direct

0845 606 0234

0345 606 0234

Maternity Allowance Enquiry Line

0845 608 8610

0345 608 8610

A Big Welcome to Our New Customers


We are proud to announce that we recently won a competitive bid to take over the running of approx. 80 properties from London based Central & Cecil (C&C) Housing Association including 2 retirement schemes.

C&C, which owns and manages properties across London and the South East, took the decision to look for a new owner that was geographically better placed to provide a more locally-based service for residents in the West Midlands.

Nehemiah UCHA with C&C Adrian Eggington Central & Cecil Executive Director, Resident Services commented “The decision to transfer our West Midlands stock to Nehemiah UCHA was made as C&C wanted to focus on its core business of providing homes and services for older people in London and the South East. C&C were looking for a local provider for the transfer who could deliver excellent local services to the residents and who shared our values of partnership, integrity and respect. Nehemiah UCHA was selected as that provider and this decision was proved to be the correct one as demonstrated by their dedication to the wishes of residents through the transfer process.”

Llewellyn Graham Chief Executive of Nehemiah UCHA added “We are delighted to have been chosen by C&C to manage their homes and to have won the competitive bid process.  As a community-based housing provider we are looking forward to working with local residents to ensure we deliver the homes and services that they want.”

All affected C&C customers have been notified about the decision and have had the opportunity to find out more about Nehemiah UCHA and our services.  Remember if you have any questions please speak to your Housing Officer who will be able to help.

Available Retirement Property


We currently have four retirement properties for rent in Wolverhampton - full details are below.  Anyone who is interested in any of these properties will need to contact the Nehemiah UCHA office on  0121 358 0966.


McCalla House, Laburnum Street, Graiseley, Wolverhampton

We have flats available for rent at McCalla House Retirement Scheme

McCalla HouseAll the flats available have 1 bedroom, a living room, bathroom and a kitchen.  All the flats have electric heating.

There is a lift to all floors in McCalla House.

There is an IT Suite, a communal Lounge and a communal garden at McCalla House.  There are also daily activities for residents.

McCalla House is situated within easy access to all amenities and transport links.

For more information on McCalla House take a look in the Retirement Living Section of our website here.



Please contact us on 0121 358 0966 for more details of all the available retirement properties.