Money Advice


Whatever the situation with your finances, it’s good to know you’re on top of things and are making the most of what you have.

But if you are struggling, for example to pay your rent, Nehemiah UCHA is here to help you.Money Advice For You

If you find that you are facing difficulties paying your rent - don’t stop paying it.   Please talk to your Housing Officer who will be able to help.

We want to make sure that you can make the most of your money, whatever your circumstances and ensure that you are receiving all the benefits that you are entitled to and should you get into debt you know where to go to for help. we believe in offering our tenants direct help with money matters Nehemiah UCHA has recently developed a new partnership service with Birmingham Settlement, a charitable organisation which offers clear and unbiased money advice and information to help you with make the most of your money, whether that is debt advice or help to claim all of the benefits and tax credits you are entitled to.

This service is free, independent and confidential

Birmingham Settlement will also be able to represent you at County Court if your debts have reached court stage and they can also provide guidance regarding budgeting and alternative sources of credit such as Credit Unions.

If you need any help with rent arrears or debt management contact your housing officer on 0121 358 0966 or contact Birmingham Settlement direct on 0121 250 3000 or visit

The advice team at Birmingham Settlement also  have an email address which can be used by Nehemiah UCHA customers if you want to get advice. The email address is This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it

If you telephone or email Birmingham Settlement direct please tell them you are a Nehemiah UCHA customer.

Residents can be seen by mutually convenient appointment at Birmingham Settlement’s offices in Newtown, please contact your Housing Officer for more information on how to do this.

Please remember if you are looking for debt help, make sure you never pay for it.

You can also get help with your debt problems from organisations such as the Citizens Advice Bureau or StepChange Debt Charity

StepChange provides independent, impartial and non-judgemental debt advice. They can help with bailiffs, CCJ's or general debt management. Free debt help is available online now, try their debt test for a quick assessment of your circumstances.