Two Scheme Managers Required
Wolverhampton 41 Units & Walsall 30 Units
Salary: £19,594 to £20,626 per annum
Hours of work: 30 per week (Job Share Considered, flexibly with hours can be discussed)
Some out of hours work is required
Older people have been at the heart of Nehemiah UCHA’s business for over 25 years. The scheme manager’s role is crucial to the way we deliver the best possible services to support our customers to maintain independence in their own homes.
The role centres on the provision of an intensive housing management and support service to our diverse range of customers. To co-ordinate the agencies working with the Association to ensure a comprehensive service is delivered to customers to enable and promote independent living, creating a customer focused and welcoming environment and develop partnership working. To promote and enable wellbeing activities within the scheme for both Nehemiah customers’ and other older people living in the local neighbourhood. To ensure customers are consulted on and involved in the management of their scheme.
- CIH National Certificate in Supported Housing or an Equivalent qualification
- Experience of working with older people or in residential setting - writing clear, concise reports, letters, file notes and completing forms
- Essential to be able to use Word, Outlook, Excel, Internet competently with numerate skills, to deal with petty cash and basic statistics.
- Experience of lone working with minimal supervision
- Essential to have knowledge and understanding of the needs of BME customers particularly from an African Caribbean background.
- Experience of safeguarding processes
- Facilities and staff management and Awareness of best practice in housing management
28 days annual leave plus statutory bank holidays; Pension scheme; Mileage expenses and Flexible working environment
Closing Date: 26th February 2016 ǀ Open Day to Visit the Schemes: 23rd February 2016 (McCalla House 10-12 and Nehemiah Court 1.30-3.30) ǀ
1st Interviews: 4th March 2016ǀ 2nd Interviews: 7th March 2016
Please submit your CV in the first instance | This post will be subject to Enhanced DBS Check
Previous applicants need not apply